We’ve compiled a few items suggested for your intro and essential for all your CrossFit classes at MKG.
1. A Good Attitude – Remember, you’re here to have fun! And whether you’re a beginner or veteran, nobody is perfect. Keep an open mind for constructive criticism and be coach-able. No matter how hard the work-out, tell yourself you can, and you will!
2. Good Shoes - We recommend a flat, hard-sole shoe such as: Chuck Taylor’s, Vans, Inov8, or Reebok Nano, to name a few. Please avoid Shape-ups or any type of shoe of that nature or squishy-soled athletic/running shoes. Here’s a link where you can find some shoes perfect for your CrossFit Class in Seattle.
3. Athletic Pants/Shorts – We run, jump, squat, lunge, and much more. Be sure and wear comfortable clothing with some kind of Lycra or stretch to it so you are able to do these movements without being restricted by your clothing.
4. Notebook/Journal - It’s important to keep track of your daily workouts so you can watch yourself improve over time. Nothing fancy is needed, just a simple book with paper. When documenting your workouts it’s important to be detailed. Be sure and log the weights you used, if there were any modifications, and how long it took to complete the workout.
5. Water - Regardless of your ability, hydration is a key part in your recovery and health! We provide water coolers to fill up your bottles, so no excuses. Along with water, we suggest a protein shake of some sort to help with the recovery process for after your workouts.
6. Yoga Mat - This is completely optional, but suggested for your comfort for movements that require you to be on the ground, such as sit-ups or burpees.
7. Wallet / Purse - We have tried many different enrollment options over the years but the best deals are available the same day as your first lesson. Come prepared. We have many options to choose from.
If you haven't contacted us yet about getting started it's simple. Use the form below and we'll contact you just as soon as we can or give us a call at 206-367-0981 and we'll be happy to help!